jeudi 14 novembre 2013

Creative space, roses and a shawl
Travail en cours, des roses et un châle


On my everyday walk on the shore, I very rarely find some porcelain ceramic shards but nonetheless I've gradually a few ones. For a custom order, I need to practice a new tool, a soldering iron and a new technique….and I must say I'm particularly bad at it...


dans mes ballades quotidiennes sur la plage il m'arrive très rarement de trouver des tessons de porcelaine céramique charriés par la marée. Mais au fur et à mesure, j'ai tout de même constitué une petite collection. Pour une commande particulière, je dois me familiariser avec un nouvel outil et une nouvelle technique : le fer à souder et la soudure à l'étain. Je dois dire que j'ai encore du travail, je pars de loin….


Warming climate : some delightful november roses in my garden!

Réchauffement climatique : de délicieuses roses dans mon jardin à la mi-novembre!


it's not in the title of this post but I couldn't resist. I can still hold her with one hand! even when she wants to grab her own tail…. you'll note the gray palette : )


ce n'est pas dans le titre mais je n'ai pas pu résister… je peux toujours la tenir dans une seule main!!! enfin presque! 


a new variation of the oval and kuchi earrings series, not listed yet as the battery of my camera got dead just as I began to unload the pictures…. grrr and I have two other pairs of new earrings waiting to be listed too…

update : here they are, copper kuchi earrings

une nouvelle version de ma série oval en cuivre et kuchi, pas encore inventoriée en boutique car juste au moment où je commençais à charger mes photos la batterie de la caméra était à plat….gggrrr… et j'ai aussi deux autres nouvelles paires de boucles d'oreille en attente…

mise à jour : les voici

je ne savais pas comment faire la transition mais elle s'impose par la couleur!!! 
I was wondering since I've started writing this post about the transition to Hélène's shawl but now it's obvious, the color!!!

La très talentueuse tricoteuse Hélène de Cléonis organise un "give-away'" (quel mot en français?) sur son blog 
 un ma-gni-fique, je dis bien MAGNIFIQUE châle qu'elle a créé et tricoté en cadeau pour le ou la chanceuse gagnante et deux exemplaires du patron. 


the very talented knitter Hélène from Cléonis is organizing a give away on her blog
she has created and knitted this SPLENDID shawl that the very lucky winner will receive and two copies of the pattern are for the following winners too

14 commentaires:

  1. Lucie, your cat is a beautie!
    the new tool.... Every beginning is hard, but you will be perfect at it soon!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Ah ! Merci Lucie pour ce joli billet !

    J'adore tes nouvelles boucles, mmm, comme toujours, tu fais des merveilles et je rajoute, à propos de ton précédent billet, que je comprends ton sentiment, le bonheur dans la création…c'est elle, pas la répétition ! Je suis comme toi, je déteste faire deux fois la même chose…

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. ça fait toujours plaisir de lire ton blog.. ah the cute cat... Don't worry about the new skill, just keep practicing, you'll get good at it in no time!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I went to a short tiffany course to learn it correctly, after that it is very easy :) Those porcelain shards are beautiful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Greeeeeen with envy! Love those shards! And would love to learn that technique! I like the result very much, actually, in all its imperfect glory :)

    And the new earrings are gorgeous, too, as always :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. It's great that you are going for new techniques--you will do great things!

    Your cat is darling.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. your kitty is so cute! i love how she's holding on to your arm :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. More, more, more! Please make more of those beach finds pendants!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. beach find pendants. WANT. beautiful! love your cat. the shawl. and i see a variation of my earrings! I love your posts. :) xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. would love to join you in a beachwalk! Have a coffee afterwards with the cats on my lap and see you working in your studio :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. So with the soldering...were you covering copper tape with solder? I've made a few glass pendants that way and I know there's a steep learning curve.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Kitty looks adorable and the solder pendant looks great. That's a technique I would love to try.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Beautiful hug of a kitty !
    You sure picked a difficult shape to practice with the copper tape. Looks good though.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. You'll perfect the soldering in no time. I always feel like I've had a mini getaway when I read your posts. Lovely roses. Beautiful earrings. Happy kitty. Wonderful!

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!